Whisky has long been associated with courage and strength in the face of adversity. In times of war, it was often given to soldiers before battle to help bolster their courage. Here are five reasons why whisky is still a popular drink among soldiers today.
1. Its strong taste can help mask the taste of blood and dirt.
2. It can help dull the senses to the point of numbness, making it easier to cope with injuries.
3. The alcohol content can help boost confidence and courage.
4. It can help keep warm in cold climates or during long nights on watch.
5. There is a sense of camaraderie that comes with sharing a dram of whisky with fellow soldiers.
So next time you raise a glass of whisky, remember the brave men and women who have
fought and continue to fight for our freedom. Cheers!